Sunday, April 11, 2010

zooming in and out

While enjoying our grandchildren here in Brazil we started to prepare for our big trip. My “salwar kameez”, the Indian clothes I had bought during my previous trip to India, I put in my suitcases already. The gifts for our children and grandchildren in the Netherlands are almost all chosen. The interview for a documentary about our life on the Dutch television is booked, to shoot in the south of Holland for 3 whole days. Our visas for Australia are printed. The course to give in Haiti later this year is being prepared, and oh yes, the power point presentation for the lessons I teach in June through a videoconference from Brazil to the University of the nations in Kona, Hawaii are translated into English and can be sent. . .

Many different countries, with children in need everywhere. We are almost ready for a trip of 2 months, to mainly teach students from the various Children at Risk Schools in India and Australia, to multiply the ministries to children at risk. It will be a long journey, but what a privilege to do this together now.

However, our emotions quite torn, for example between enjoying our new little granddaughter and worrying about the immense problems the families face in Haiti. Sometimes I feel like a lens of a camera that zooms in and out. And I pray that it is God, and not me, who handles the zoom button, and who helps me focus on the things that really matter in life.

Will you also pray with us? Thanks!

We are grateful for a group like you, friends who are supportive and pray for us. We love it when we receive your cards and emails, and to read your stories. Thank you so much for thinking of us, praying for us, writing us and supporting us. What an encouragement! It makes it easier for us to continue.
God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment